Friday, March 16, 2012

March Madness Idea - Cheap and Delicious

I love March Madness...particularly the first weekend.  48 basketball games in four days!  It doesn't get any better this (although my bracket could sure stand to get better right now).  When you're trying to catch as many games as possible, it's essential to be set up with good game food.  Chips and dip will only take you so far.  Time doesn't always allow you to get creative, and when the budget is tight, you might not have the ability to splurge.  So what should a hungry fan do when he's hankering a game time snack?

A friend of mine in Naples, Florida put me onto this idea several years ago.  It's the CiCi's take-out cinnamon rolls.  Hang with me on this one.  I know that CiCi's is usually covered up with out-of-control kids attending their end-of-season soccer party.  I also know that the pizza is sub-standard, the salad bar is basic and the pasta is rubbery.  But I have to tell you...the cinnamon rolls are amazing!  Their Facebook page describes them like this..."Gooey, warm, sticky little two-bite buns that make your mouth water and your heart sing as you take that first bite."  The only issue I take with this description is that I've probably consumed a few in my lifetime in one bite, not two.  Sure, they are good in the restaurant, but they move to another level when ordered to-go (just about $4 for a box).  You see, when you place an order to take with you, the cinnamon rolls come to you straight from the oven, hot and fresh!

Let me give you a hint, though. Be ready to eat them right when you get home (this assumes you are able to make it home without reaching into the box as you drive).  Don't wait or let them sit too long.  And be ready to fend off the family...if you step out of the room for even a minute or leave the box unsupervised, you'll regret it.   Finally, make sure you have a gallon of ice cold milk on hand and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment